Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2 - Mary

Before I begin today's entry, I wanted to comment on last night's dinner. We had whole wheat spaghetti with ground turkey meat sauce. I really couldn't tell a big difference from the regular spaghetti we usually eat. Today I had 2 eggs with turkey, low fat cheese and a peach for breakfast. Lunch consisted of left over spaghetti and an Activia. Dinner was a piece of chicken breast on the grill, corn and steamed broccoli. My snack was a banana and a hand full of organic nuts, seed and dried food from the Publix produce dept. I didn't drink as much water as I should have today, but still had about 2 bottles and a large glass. I'm going to Curves on Thursday for an appointment about membership. Looks interesting but not too sure if their hours of operation will work with my busy schedule as an Assistant Principal at an elementary school. Today was not as hard as I would have thought. I really didn't have the great cravings that I usually have throughout the day. Cafeteria personnel send food up on a daily basis and there is always food there to tempt one. Passed on the cheese grits sent up today... dang that was hard 'cause they are good. We are playing kickball tomorrow against another school. We practiced last week and even though athletic all my life, I struggled... not just because I'm carrying a lot of extra weight (216) but also because of my age (52). I had to get another sport's bra because of the movement when running..... a little top heavy. So far, though, I think this diet has helped with moving the digestive system, if you get my gist. Hopefully, the rest of the week will continue to run smoothly. I did Dr. Oz' Real Life program last night. I actually had some good portions on it. My chronological age is 52; my Real Age is 62. We'll see how the rest of the week goes...but until next time.... this is Mary, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment