Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jean - Day 11

Mary, I think that it is wonderful that you made time to go to Curves, especially with such a buzy day. Hopefully you had more energy when you got back to school this evening. I cannot get over the nerve of the lunch ladies charging you extra for your toppings :) That's .60 that we would have invested on a $1.00 double cheese burger at BK in the past. Great investment change too!

Late night for me also. Just sitting down at 11:27 pm. Today was our 32nd wedding anniversary. So we had oatmeal with fruit for breakfast and then went to work. We left work at about 12:45 to stop by the house and head out for our 9 1/2 hour drive to NC. We picked up lunch at Subway - Vege sub with no cheese - 6". First bread I have had in a week. Everything was going well when I wanted something to eat. I know that it was because I was bored and was trying to stay awake while Dean was driving. So we had some vegetarian rice chips. They were pretty good. The serving size was 10 and I only had 5. We had a wonderful Anniversary dinner by dashboard light. Dean had chick-fil-a nuggets and carrot salad. I had an apple and an unsweet tea. To celebrate, we shared a small strawberry milk shake.

The weather was really good for the trip, no ice or snow on the roads, but a temperature of 24 degrees when we arrived. Looking forward to a few days of R&R, and good eating (which is not something we usually do when up here, I take that back, it is usually very good eating, just not completely healthy). The biggest weakness is the apple fritters from Ingles. I am convinced, after the past two weeks, that the apple fritter does not taste as good and I have been feeling, so I will be able to refrain. Not too sure about Dean....

Ready to go to bed knowing that today is the first day of the rest of my healthy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment