Friday, February 5, 2010

Jean - Day 5

I realized today that I am doing something very good for myself, but Sonny's BBQ is really going to miss me! For the past 6-8 months, we ate lunch at Sonny's at least once a week and sometimes more. I am feeling really good, have energy and know that I am doing the right thing. Still no red meat today, but didn't eat as well as other days, ate out for lunch and dinner.

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with onion, broccoli, fresh parsley and a slice of cheddar cheese.

No morning snack.

Lunch - garden salad and slice of pizza with green pepper

Afternoon snack - blueberries, strawberries and red grapes (it was like snacking on M&M's, small round bites and a bit sweet)

Dinner - Pasta Fagioli and 1/2 of a piece of vegetable lasagna

Drank coffee, unsweet tea and water. No alcohol for the past 2 1/2 weeks. Not that I normally drink a lot, but Dean and I would usually have a glass of wine a few nights a week. It is amazing that I don't miss that. I have not been hungry during the past 5 days and, like Mary, haven't had any cravings.

This morning I did an interval work out with walking a running. Did much better than on Monday. Went the entire 30 minutes and probably ran a total of 5 minutes. The running came a little easier today, but later in the day it took me a few seconds every time I stood up to get my legs back. Right knee, hip and butt are really stiff! Will try to work it out this weekend.

Have to work hard for the weekend and be aware of my surroundings and plan ahead before the Super Bowl party :) I will remember that today is the first day of the rest of my healthy life....

No comments:

Post a Comment